Tuesday 1 November 2011

My First Post: About Me

I have always had a love for books and  it has come to the point where I can’t remember the plots of every novel I have ever read. Therefore, I've started  a blog as an archive to remind me of my initial impressions.  I hope this blog will help people choose books they could read in the future and introduce them to a new genre.

I study history at university and this passion has influenced the genre I read. I love to read historical fiction by authors such as Bernard Cornwell, Simon Scarrow, Conn Iggulden and David Gemmell. Their ability to bring historical facts to life using heroes, villains, love and tragedy, mixed together with brilliant storytelling creates amazing books based around historical events. Most of my reviews will be on historical fiction, however I will diversify the books I read so as not to bore everyone with history (look out for a few swerve balls throughout my reviews!).  My reviews will give some information on the book highlighting the basic plot (not too much!), give you a context to the author whilst sharing other reviews and give my own honest opinions. I’ll aim to tell you which parts I liked or loved and my dislikes, giving reasons of explanation. I am a fan of reading whole series and whenever I do so, I will review each book separately and in chronological order.

I hope you enjoy reading my reviews as much as I do writing them, feel free to leave any feedback or questions.  Enough about me, let’s get onto the books. Thanks for taking the time to visit my site.
AdamP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...